Monday, January 28, 2008

Brady, Nebraska - Farming 1910




I will try to post something showing a postcard from Nebraska at least a couple of times a week.

This is a real photo postcard I haven't filed yet that I just purchased at Denver last weekend. The view shows a group of farmers in front of a piece of farming machinery. Most of the men and boys are sporting their bib overalls while a couple even have pipes in their mouths. I'm not certain but it looks like they are processing alfalfa. The image could be a little sharper but it is just a nice simple view with good symmetry. The card was never mailed but the photo paper dates the image to 1907-1918. My best guesstimate would be right around 1910. I love the writing in the upper right - what great penmanship ! It reads: Robert Jones Brady, Nebr.

Brady is located on the Eastern edge of Lincoln County on the Old Lincoln Highway and just North of I-80 near the Platte River. Other communities in the County are: North Platte Brady Hershey Maxwell Sutherland Wallace Wellfleet .

1 comment:

Lisa Jo said...

nthanks for posting pictures and stories...it's good to see some from home... I've been overseas for 2 years and I miss the good life!